I was going through my old school recipe box because I’ve been in a bit of a dinner slump. I feel like I’ve browsed through thousands of food blogs and still end up cooking the same seven meals in rotation. I noticed I had a few old handwritten recipe cards given to me from family and friends and it made me nostalgic for when I used to actually get handwritten cards instead of a link to a recipe to print out. (Does that date me?!) ;\
It made me think of how cool it would be to get a few new recipes from all around the country. I posed a question of interest on Instagram and a lot of you were into the idea as well!
I want to make this as clear cut, easy, and low cost as possible. Let’s discuss the rules and items you will need for the swap.
- You will mail out three handwritten recipes to three different people assigned to you. You can choose one recipe and send it to your three assigned people or choose three different recipes and send one to each person. It’s completely up to you!
- In return you will get three handwritten recipes from others in the mail.
- You can write a sweet note telling your new friend about the recipe. Maybe you have a funny story that goes along with it, like the time you once used four year old cooking oil and it made the cake taste…bitter. (This may or may not have happened to me..) A note isn’t required (remember, simplicity!) but it would be nice!
- The recipe card must be handwritten. NO printouts. Give it a personal touch- something we are so lacking in this increasingly digital and virtual world. It’s always fun to get snail mail!
- (3) recipe cards
- (3) envelopes
- (3) postage stamps
- at least one tried and true dinner recipe you love and is a hit with your family
If you don’t have any recipe cards, use this as an excuse to buy some fun ones or make some of your own! The next time someone asks for the recipe for your famous tailgate dip, you’ll be ready to send them a lovely handwritten one with a personal touch. 🙂
If you need some ideas on where to get recipe cards from, here are some adorable ones I’ve seen here and there.
If you would like to sign up, send me a DM via Instagram before October 4th. You will need to include your name, Insta handle, mailing address and email address. I will get everyone matched that week and then email you your matches! You will need to send out your written recipe cards by October 15th. Excited for this!